House extension   UK
 Home extension guide - how to build a house extension and refurbish your home


About Us Advertise on this site Contact Us Privacy Disclaimer Site Map


Use our professional services for your own home extension plans

Home extensions within Conservation Areas

Buildings in a conservation area are part of the character and history which is being preserved. As planning controls will apply, seek advice from the local planning authority early in the process.

The conservation officer and designers Working with the local conservation officer and a specialist design consultant will ensure the correct path of action is followed. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) can advise on specialist building conservation designers in an area.

The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) will provide names to the public over its technical advice line, details of which are on their web site. 






























©2012-All rights reserved

This page last updated:

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Finder